Saturday, September 14, 2019

Watching On Netflix: Diagnosis (Comparing to my problem)


Image result for netflix diagnosis


My mom and I are currently watching Diagnosis, the Netflix series that came out on August 16, 2019. As I type this, I'm watching the first episode. It's about a 23 year old girl named Angel Parker who has a mysterious disease that nobody seems to figure out, and with the help of  Dr.Lisa Sander's method, find her diagnosis so she can move on with her life.

This seems to speak to me on a spirital level.
Similar to Angel, I am having issues with a diagnosis myself. Unfortunatly, I believe just from the first episode that America's Medical system doesn't seem to care about people.

Angel had to go to Italy to rule out what she didn't have, and soon a diagnosis was given. It took her nine years to figure it out in America, but two months in Italy. It seems incredibly unfair for the American system to not be able to figure that out.

While my situation to compare to is not a genetic disorder, but rather an injury, it's been nearly three years and I've been given medications for what it possibly was.

I have issues walking, standing, even sitting or laying down. I've been on many kinds of medications, including Ibuprophen, Tylenol, Muscle Relaxer, Neurotin, and two different types of ointment.
Nothing worked. And I'm probably allergic to one of the medicines. The pain is random but always in the exact same spot. The only thing they found was a broken bone already healed (which was missed for over a year) and a ganglion cyst in the foot that's nowhere near the injury.
I can't excersize, I can't walk my dog, I can't run errands. I can't enjoy my life. I'll occasionally have pain in the ankle as well, my whole leg will feel heavy rarely, and every couple of weeks, I'll have a back spasm.
None of things were a problem until my injury at my job, which now wants to ruin my life by denying me proper help, stop paying me, and even lie to unemployment about still being hired by the company.

Now why does this matter?

Watching this documentary gives me hope that I'm going to find the right doctor to tell me why I'm having problems. I began missing playing catch with my dad, running around at my old job, playing with my dog, going to theme parks and fairs, hanging with my friends, and even sleeping properly. I want to see if this method would work for me. It so clearly works for other people. I just want to know what's really going on with me.

This documentary is drama in all the ways that effects me. I'm happy that a lot of these have happy endings (at least that's what I've heard), and maybe it's selfish to want the same thing for myself. But seeing these people get help makes me feel hopeful.

I'd rate the documentary series 4/5. This is a dramatic story and right now, I'm seeing the other stories. They just make me wanna hug the people in these stories. It makes me want to feel the relief these people find. But that's just me.

Miss Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment